It seems that Rosh HaShanah (the Jewish New Year) snuck up on me. It is less than a month away and here I am, not having posted any honey, apple, or pomegranate recipes! While I frantically work to remedy that, I present a new type of post to you – shopping and housewares!
Honey pots are generally a pleasant thing to have and at the HHD (as I like to call the High Holy Days) they are even lovelier. There’s nothing quite as festive as a platter of apples and honey.
My requirements for a honey pot are:
- Nice looking – utilitarian is fine, but these should never be unsightly.
- Lid – Left uncovered, honey will attract the wrong kind of visitor.
- Space for spoon or honey stick – to try to keep stickiness to a minimum.
This is my round up of honey pots (or things that could be used as a honey pot) from around the internet and my first foray into collage making. I’ll improve, I promise!
Top Row (left to right):
- Unlikely Symmetry Sugar Bowl – $88 – At the absolute upper end of the price range, this stunning bowl is made from different porcelain pieces for an quirkily elegant showstopper. (2017 update: No longer available, but check out these similarly colorfully elegant options)
- Revol Sauce Pot – $19.99 – Lovely and minimalist, with clean lines and a choice between glossy white and slightly matte black. (2017 update: No longer available, and I couldn’t find a similar pot. This black and white set with three bowls is a nice, affordable option.)
- Godinger Jam Jar with Spoon and Tray – $24.61 – A sleek metal and glass option for those with a pared down aesthetic. Bonus points for the included tray! (2017 update: Still available! YAY!)
Middle Row (left to right):
- Bee Honey Pot – $12.00 – Whimsical and sweet, rendered in unfussy white earthenware. (2017 update: No longer available, but check out this similar option)
- Handmade Black and White Porcelain Honey Pot – $30.00 – Modern and insanely cool, this pot is handmade in the USA. Check out the coordinating little bowl for slices of apple. (2017 update: No longer available, but check out this similar option and these pretty mini bowls!)
- White Porcelain Honey Pot with Dipper – $9.16 – A tall, classic shape that will go with just about any table setting. (2017 update: Still available! YAY!)
Bottom Row (left to right):
- Cute Fox Sugar Bowl – $38.58 + $8.05 shipping- I just can’t get over this adorable little fox bowl. It’s a bit pricy, but think of all its uses! Sugar bowl at afternoon tea, supporting an independent artist, and literally sweetest jollifier to lift your spirits. (2017 update: Still available! YAY!)
- Copper Kinley Sugar Bowl – $24.95 – Copper is having a design moment and I like this bowl’s gentle curves and squat shape. (2017 update: Still available! YAY!)
- Handpainted Romanian Honey Pot – $16.80 + $14.60 shipping – A traditional blue and white pattern that would be at home with modern or traditional dinnerware. (2017 update: No longer available, but check out this one by the same maker – and it’s on sale!)
Stay tuned for recipes and another round up early next week of more budget honey pot options and other useful holiday serve ware!