Happy Monday! And Happy Hanukkah!
I hope you’ve been having a delicious holiday, if you are celebrating. Things should be delicious even if you haven’t been celebrating, of course! If you’re still searching for Hanukkah inspiration, I’ve got you sorted with this round-up!
- First up, my newest and most enjoyable way to celebrate – a gorgeous tasting of new harvest olio nuovo – the freshest olive oil around! Featuring Séka Hills olive oil.
- Olio nuovo or just about any good olive oil will be right at home in my Pomegranate Barberry Green Bean Salad!
- Last week’s round-up with lots of Hanukkah goodness!
- I think you deserve some Zesty Lemon Cake made with olive oil! Perfect for Hanukkah, or any ol’ time!
- Frying-free Hanukkah Round-up!
- Latkes as far as the eye can see!
- Oh yeah! And a dreamy, creamy cheese board!
From around the internet:
- This is why cheese is a Hanukkah food! Also, a stunning piece of art from the Baroque era depicting that very scene and why it is pertinent to the #metoo movement.
- I’m dying to try making this Apple and Olive Oil Cake from Juls’ Kitchen.
- A treasure trove of Jewish life before WWII.
- I’m drooling thinking about these Roman-style olive oil braised artichokes from Serious Eats!
- Strongly considering trying these olive oil sugar cookies with blood orange glaze from Sarah Kieffer of The Vanilla Bean Blog.
- Hanukkah means dedication, and this piece about memorials for the Underground Railroad fits right in.
- Indian fried cookies from Indian Simmer? Don’t mind if I do!