Happy December! We just returned from our long-awaited honeymoon and are diving straight into Hanukkah and holiday preparation!
We didn’t travel with our big camera, so all I have are iPhone photos of the trip. If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen some of these. I have a backlog and will keep posting them as vacation nostalgia sets in. We ate, we saw, we snuggled cousins!
And now, some links! Hanukkah (starts December 12th!) items scattered throughout!
- Looking for frying-free Hanukkah inspiration? Here’s my roundup! Also my Zesty Olive Oil Cake, my lovely green bean salad, and how to make a festive cheese board (yes! Cheese is traditional for Hanukkah!)
- The life of a foodie and food blogger requires accommodating clothing – All I Want in This World Are Pants I Can Overeat In – like the author of that piece, I’m going to try these from Uniqlo, but am open to suggestions!
- I will be living the apartment renter life for the foreseeable future, but I’m dreaming of a British-style kitchen.
- I’ve been hankering to embroider things. Used Threads is the ultimate inspiration.
- Looking to help provide food for people in Puerto Rico and elsewhere? Eat out at a restaurant supporting World Central Kitchen! Bay Area, Chicago, New York, etc!
- The English countryside has me utterly obsessed with holiday village-themed displays and items. This fruitcake is surrounded with a quaint gingerbread village! Check out my own village display:
- Speaking of quaint holiday villages… If I had more time, I would do this for the eight days of Hanukkah.
- Fascinating piece about Ethiopian Jews integrating Hanukkah into their traditions.
- Always love what Michelle at Hummingbird High has to say about baking, food, life, and blogging. Also, purple sweet potato pie.
- Intrigued by this vegan nut roast recipe from Jamie Oliver. Also, this crazy vegetarian answer to a Turducken.
- These Salt Cod and Sweet Potato Latkes are on my list! Brian from A Thought For Food is amazing.
- Gimme these awesome wood shelves!
- I didn’t get to the Dior exhibit in Paris, so I’m glad Nora took and shared gorgeous pics!
- Eagerly waiting for the oranges to appear in my veggie box so I can make a batch of Orangettes.
- Latke lovers! Here’s a post for you!
- Sweet Potato Samosa Purses – they’re fried, so I say they are a Hanukkah food!
- And finally, how memory seems to rewrite itself.
Coming up very soon – MORE HANUKKAH! I have two delicious posts coming your way!