I’m frantically preparing our Passover stockpile – candied orange peel! cookies! soups! SCHMALTZ! A dear friend asked me for quinoa recipes, see the round up below!
Quinoa’s kosher for Passover status is the saving grace of many households. It can pad meals, add wholesome texture, and even convince fussy children to eat something other than matzah and cheese (I speak as recovering fussy child ;-))
Check out these recipes below (some of which have already appeared in other round ups on this blog).
- 101 Cookbooks has some stunningly original options including: Kale Quinoa Bites baked in muffin tins, a Coconut Quinoa Bowl that I would serve mixed up as a side dish, Quinoa with Currants, Dill, and Zucchini (you could sauté the zucchini if you want!)
- This Greens and Quinoa Pie is a great option.
- Ottolenghi always has interesting goodness like this Quinoa with Roasted Fennel and Pomegranate Seeds.
- How about pairing the quinoa with Spinach and Mushroom?
- Add some luscious color to your Passover meals with this Beet and Pear Quinoa!
- Quinoa with Mint- and Parsley-Dressed Carrots, Olives, Toasted Sunflower Seeds, and Sumac. No recipe for this, but it seems easy to figure out!
- Swap out the farro for quinoa in this Butternut Squash and Pepita Salad!