Happy Saturday! I hope your weekend is full of delicious food and good company. Here are some of the articles and posts I’ve been enjoying!
- Erika Kwee is The Pancake Princess – the internet’s recipe watchdog. I love her analysis of taste test data!
- The Jewish world is vibrant and diverse. I love seeing it represented so publicly by these amazing Jewish women on Refinery29.
- Food with a side of power play – fine dining in Washington, DC.
This time, the restaurateur decided to broach politics: “I told him that I was worried that his policy, the speech that he was writing for the President, would hurt small businesses, especially my restaurant, in the future. My restaurant wouldn’t be open if we didn’t have immigrants.” Miller listened politely. “He smiled and said, ‘You are entitled to your opinions.’ ” He hasn’t been back since.
- Some of the ways our food community is fighting the newest, most restrictive abortion bans.
- Glorious LaTonya Yvette asked her friends about when they learned they could make decisions about their own bodies. Very moving indeed.
- Ever wonder where ubiquitous things come from? I just learned about the Hills Hoist, our house has one in the backyard!